How Much Water Does an
Try this experiment to see how much liquid an apple contains.
You will need:
- Half an apple, with the core removed
- A balance
- A shallow pan
- Kitchen paper
- Weigh the apple.
- Record the weight.
- Carefully cut the apple into thin slices (it needs a sharp knife, so an adult should do this bit)
- Weigh the slices together.
- Place some kitchen paper on the bottom of the pan and put your apple slices onto it.
- Place the pan in the sun in a window.
- Do not place it outside or the apple will get eaten by birds and insects!
- Check the slices every day.
- When they become hard and dry weigh them again.
- Subtract the weight when they are dry from the weight when they were fresh.
- That is how much water your apple contained!
Changes in Matter Science Worksheet>>
<< Changes in Matter Science Lesson
<< Changes in Matter Investigation
More Science Lessons