How Can Water Change?
You will need:
- Four ice cubes
- Three plastic plates or bowls
- A pot
- Paper and pencil to record your results
- Put one ice cube in each plate or bowl.
- Put them in different places around the room.
- Put one in the sun by a window, or under a desk lamp.
- Put one on the table beside you, not in the sunlight or under lamp.
- Put one in the refrigerator.
- Put the last ice cube in the pot.
- Ask an adult to heat it on the stove.
- Keep boiling it until the pan is almost dry.
- Keep checking on the other ice cubes.
- Observe which one melts the fastest.
- Observe which one melts the slowest.
- Record your results in a chart.
Think About It:
Which ice cube on a plate melted fastest? Why?
Which melted the slowest. Why?
Where did the ice cube in the pot go?
Changes in Matter…continued >>