In most cases, second grade math worksheets are designed based upon the details of the previously learned lessons. With these worksheets, a child gets to learn up to 1000. The child also learns basic subtraction and addition by making use of place value and regrouping. Children here also get a chance to explore basic metric and customary measurements like length, weight, time, temperature and capacity. When working with 2nd grade math worksheets, children also gradually gather strength in concepts like fractions, money, probability and estimation. The second grade is however, a stage when just the basics of multiplication and division are introduced and the worksheets are prepared in such a way that they provoke the interest of these little ones.
Topics usually covered in 2nd grade math worksheets:
- Counting from 1 to 10,000
- Next number and previous number
- Comparison of numbers up to 1000
- Place values – ones, tens, hundreds and thousands
- Subtraction facts to 20
- Number Sequence 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s
- Multi-digit subtraction, no regrouping
- Multiplication to 5
- Telling time in minutes, hours and seconds
- Horizontal, vertical multi-number addition
- Word problems for Time, Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Rounding, Calendar and Money
- Rounding, nearest 10, nearest 100
- Multi-digit addition, no regrouping
A second grade teacher needs to have worksheets which are very easy to use and can aptly help students to get into the depth of the subject. First, the teacher makes the student work upon these worksheets and then takes tests to judge their level of understanding. Without these worksheets, it will not be possible for the teacher to explain the mathematical concepts so much in details. 2nd grade math worksheets help students to practice, develop mastery over the subject, and later on perform well in class.