Lailat al Baraah is the night of seeking pardon and repentance from Allah for the committed sins. This Islamic festival marks the night when Allah places each person according to his or her deeds. God grants forgiveness to people who repent their sins.
Lailat al Baraah is also called Night of Absolution because it consists of two absolutions. An absolution for the miserable sinners from the Allah Almighty and another absolution is from disenchantment for the Friends of Allah.
In Persian and Urdu as well, Laylatul Baraa�ah is called �Shabbe Baraat�. It is the 15th night of Shabaan. In Hadith Shareef this Mubarak night is known as “Nisf Shabaan” meaning the 15th night of Shabaan. This is the night of salvation from Azaab and Calamity. God accepts the repentances for sins.
This is the night for the Muslims to seek pardon for the transgressions and to settle the mind as not to commit sins in the future. People must keep away from deeds that are against the Shari�ah so that there will be hope of acceptance of their Du�a and Istighfaar.
The Celebration Of The Auspicious Night Of Lailat Al Baraah
- On this propitious night of Lailat al Baraah the Muslims perform fresh Ghusal and Wudhu and perform the two Rakaat of Tahhiyatul Wudhu. After the Suratul Fatiha on every Rakaat Ayatul Kursi is read once and Surah Ahad thrice.
- Immediately after sunset if one recites “La Hawla walaa Quwwata illa Billahil-aliyil Azeem” forty times with recital of Durood Shareef before and after thrice it is mentioned that Almighty Allah will absolve you from forty years of sin and you will be served by forty Hoors in Jannatul Firdous.
- The narration says that the Arwaah or the departed souls of the Muslims visit the houses of their friends and relatives on the night of Lailat al Baraah and declare �people of the house! You stay in our houses and enjoy the wealth that we have left behind. You use our children and take work from them, please perform our Esaale Sawaab. Verily our deeds have become complete, while your record of deeds is still spread.� On this night, people perform the Essale Sawab and Khatam Shareef and the Arwaah depart blessing the people.
- People must visit the cemetery in this night to pray for the people buried there. The Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) is said to have visited the cemetery on this night and lamented and prayed for the departed.
- According to Hadith Sharif the Muslims should spend the night of Shabaan awake and should fast for the next day. It is said that the people who fast for three days during Shabaan, all their past sins are absolved.
- The night should be spent by performing Nawaafil, reciting Quran Shareef and with profuse recital of abundant Durood Shareef, Istighfaar and Kalima Tayyibah.
Thus the night of Lailat al Baraah is the Night Of Absolution and time of rejoice in Allah Almighty�s forgiveness.