fun project combines science with art. Crystals are beautiful to look at
and study. Now you can grow your own, draw them and then eat them!
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c water
- Popsicle Stick
- Put the sugar and water in a small
- Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil,
- When it starts to boil stop stirring and let boil
- Put either a popsicle stick in a glass or tie a string to
the middle of one and lay the stick across the top of the glass.
Letting the string dangle to the bottom of the glass.
- Slowly pour the
syrup into the glass. You might want to run hot water over the glass
first or use something plastic.
- Let stand, until cool, and watch your crystals form