- 12 lollipop sticks
- Gummy candy (worms, fish, dinosaurs, whatever you can find)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- flavoring oil or extract ( remember oils are VERY strong flavored! Use just a
little.) use about 1/4 tsp oil – up to 2 tsp extract.
- yellow food coloring
- Lightly oil 2 cookie sheets.
- Arrange 6 of your sticks on the cookie sheets so they won’t be to close to each other.
- Put 1 -2 gummy candies at the top of the stick.
- Stir sugar, corn syrup and water in a pan over med- high heat until
- WITHOUT stirring, boil this until a candy thermometer reads 300*-310*
- IMMEDIATELY remove from heat. Wait until boiling stops. Now add your
extract or oil and a drop of food coloring.
- CAUTION*** (bottom of page)
- Working very quickly spoon 2 – 3 TBSP of syrup over the candies and top
of the sticks. You can also use molds if you have them. Don’t worry if the
candy melts a little it will get firmer again as the syrup cools.
Boiling sugar solution is extremely hot and dangerous, keep it away from kids.
In the event that any does get on the skin, hold the affected part under running
water for at least five minutes. If the skin blisters or breaks seek medical