Food for kids must be nutritious and not simply tangy. Whether preparing food for kids or giving children something to eat, be it whole fruits or fruit-juices, pastas or pizzas, the nutritional value should be an important consideration.
A food-chart meant for kids includes common foods like fish, milk, lean meat, fruits, nuts, grains, fats, vegetables and dairy products, which are essential for a healthy diet. Adherence to this healthy food regimen will help develop a body strong enough to combat ailments and physical odds. Additionally, it will help in the proper development of the brain.
Food For Kids – The Best Nutritional Advices
To encourage a healthy nutritional diet for your kid, it is essential to follow the tips for ‘food for kids’
- Include plenty of grains, vegetables and grain products in the diet chart.
- Foods with sweet, oil and fat-content should be sparingly given to them.
- Too much of mild and tinted juices should not be given to children aged above two or three years.
- If your kid is less than five years, then avoid giving foods like, peanuts, raw carrots, tough meat, chewing gum, popcorn and whole grapes. Kids have a tendency to choke.
- Let them have sufficient amount of calcium and iron, which are the essentials components of a healthy diet.
Food For Kids – Know The Right Quantities
Quantity matters a lot. Too much or too less can rob the nutritional value you are providing to your kids. The ‘food for kids’ chart should essentially abide by the following rules:
- Kids between 4 to 8 years should be given ½ cup of vegetables every day
- Kids between 9 to 13 years should consume 2 cups of vegetables &
- Vegetable-intake of kids between 9 to 13 years should be 2 ½ cups.
Juicy fruits are a part of a healthy diet. Milk and calcium rich foods should also dominate the diet chart. For kids between 4 to 8 years of age, 1-2 cup of milk or calcium rich food is essential. For kids between 9 to 13 years, 3 cups of milk or calcium rich food will be beneficial. Try to give them the above proportions every day to maintain a healthy diet chart.
Besides, meat, eggs, fish, beans, butter, cereal, brown rice and pasta, should be given in the right proportion each day. Hence, proper food for kids is sure to lay the foundation for a healthy and vigorous existence.